Within the framework of the HCFC Phase out Management Plan, tranche three, the National Ozone Unit organized in Durres District, in collaboration with “Beqir Cela” vocational school and national consultants, the training workshop on “Alternatives to HCFCs and high GWP HFCs”.
The training program was designed and implemented with the aim to increase theoretical knowledge and strength operational skills through active involvement of the attendees in practical exercises.
During the first part of the training were successfully addressed and profitably archived the following learning objectives:
- Knowledge improvement of Ozone Layer protection, Vienna Conventions, Montreal Protocol and its Amendments
- HCFC consumption rate reduction in the refrigeration and air-conditioning sector
- Enhancement of the good service practices in the refrigeration servicing sector
- Refrigerant recovery/recycling knowledge and hands on procedures to meet the EU model.
- Minimization of refrigeration’s impact on the environment and specifically in the climate change
- Overview of the Kigali amendment
- Potential impacts of the Montreal protocol -Kigali amendment to the choice of refrigerant alternatives
- Refrigerant use and alternatives to HCFCS and high GWP HFCs
- Kigali decision on HFCs and energy efficiency
- Importance of energy efficiency when selecting alternative Refrigerants
- Evolution on time in using of Refrigerants in the world and in Albania
- What are HFC refrigerants, their properties etc
- HFC refrigerants are refrigerants with ODP=0 and GWP high
- Using HFC and HFO refrigerants in the car industries
The second part of the workshop was developed and organized as practical training, during this part all the students have undertaken practical exercises, handling all the equipments used by technicians in the refrigeration system, hence improving their understanding and knowledge of the air conditioning and refrigeration system.
The training workshop was attended by 29 participants and organized in collaboration with the school director of “Beqir Cela” Vocational School, Mr.Fatmir Merkuri and the active participation and attendance by the “Beqir Cela ” teachers, Mr.Arben Marra, Mr.Fatjon Halili, Mr.Bledi Alla.
This activity was commended by the attendees, both teachers and students, and deemed as very essential for their education, training and capacity building.